Copper sheet metal for roofing is a material frequently used in construction for the construction of roof coverings. Copper is a strong, long-lasting and easy-to-work metal, which also offers high resistance to corrosion.
Furthermore, it has a pleasant aesthetic appearance and adapts well to multiple architectural styles. The copper sheet for roofing can be used both as a covering for flat roofs and as a covering for pitched roofs and can be installed both on new buildings than on existing buildings.
However, being an expensive material, it can affect the total price of the construction project. But it must be considered that it offers multiple advantages that make the use of copper very attractive considering the relationship between quality and price.
For example, it can be a valid choice because it is a resistant and long-lasting metal, so it can last for many years without requiring particular maintenance. Additionally, copper has high corrosion resistance, meaning it does not deteriorate easily over time. Furthermore, copper has a pleasant aesthetic appearance that adapts well to many architectural styles, even historical ones.
This applies in general to the use of folded copper sheets for construction, for example on our site it is possible to purchase every type of
customized sheet metal processing to adapt gutters and flashings to any type of aesthetic and functional requirement.
The advantages of using copper sheets for roofing
There are many advantages of using copper sheets for roofing. Here are some of the main ones:
- Durability: Copper is a very resistant and long-lasting metal. Copper roofing sheets can last for decades without requiring maintenance;
- Corrosion Resistance: Copper has high corrosion resistance, which means it does not deteriorate easily over time. This means that copper roofing sheets can maintain their original appearance for many years;
- Aesthetic appearance: Copper has a pleasant aesthetic appearance and adapts well to multiple architectural styles. Copper sheets for roofing can be used on both modern and historic buildings;
- Easy installation: Copper roofing sheets are easy to install and can be used on both flat and sloped roofs;
- Weather protection: Copper is resistant to bad weather and climate variations, ensuring a safe and protected covering;
It is important to note that copper is an expensive material, but its durability and long useful life can make up for the initial investment. Furthermore, copper roofing sheets are 100 percent recyclable, making it an eco-friendly choice.
Insulated copper panels for roofing
From the perspective of ecological and sustainable choices, there is also another solution that is increasingly used today: that of insulated copper panels for roofs.
It is an option for thermal insulation and weather protection of roofs. These panels are composed of an external copper plate and an internal insulating core, such as rock wool or polyurethane foam.
The advantages of using insulated copper roofing panelsinclude:
- Thermal insulation: The internal insulating core of the panels helps to improve the thermal insulation of the building, reducing energy costs;
- Weather protection: The external copper plate offers good protection against bad weather and climate variations;
- Durability: Copper is a strong and long-lasting metal, so insulated copper roofing panels can last for many years without requiring maintenance;
- Corrosion resistance: Copper has high corrosion resistance, which means that copper insulated roofing panels will not easily deteriorate over time;
- Aesthetic appearance: Copper has a pleasant aesthetic appearance that adapts well to multiple architectural styles;
- Easy installation: Insulated copper roofing panels are easy to install and can be used on both flat and sloped roofs.
Copper sheets for roofing: price
The prices of copper sheets for roofing vary depending on several factors, such as the size and thickness of the sheets, the quantity needed for the project and the geographical area. In general, copper is an expensive material, so copper roofing sheet prices tend to be higher than other materials used for roofing.
The average price for a copper roofing sheet can vary from 40 to 100 euros per square meter, depending on the factors mentioned above. However, the price can increase significantly depending on the size of the thickness you choose.
In general, it is important to note that the price of copper roofing sheets must be evaluated in relation to the durability and long useful life of the material. Although the initial cost may be higher than other materials, copper roofing sheets can last for many years without requiring maintenance, which can make up for the initial investment in the long run.